A Randomly Selected Newspaper Headline:

The following is a randomly selected newspaper headline from many years ago:

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I assure you I always read and appreciate everything you have to say. Unfortunately, thanks to Blogger being, well . . . Blogger, I can not respond to comments nor leave any on your blogs. They simply disappear into the ether. Occasionally I will remember to respond in the next blog post I put up, but usually these good intentions slip my mind. So if you want to ask a question or get a response to any comments you may have please leave an email address or other contact method in your comment and I will get back to you.

I have also added a separate page to the blog for the Tower of Magic with a brief summary of all the rooms of the ToM in the one spot. The link is just below this and above the main body of the blog, or you can just click here.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Castle Starcaster - Week Two


Castle Starcaster - Week Two
Originally uploaded by Alennka
Another week . . . more clay.  Lots more clay.  It seems I'm slowing down with the clay and impress mould work as this week all I've finished are the two side front panels.  I haven't used or handled the impress moulds for a couple of days now, but I can still see the impression of their handles on one finger.  Once that divet clears up and I can type without the tips of my fingers tingling each time they impact a key I'll move ahead and work on the centre front panel and the two half round towers that hook over each side.  Maybe this time next week I'll have all the clay stonework finished.  Maybe.

I have two new followers to welcome to the blog.  Erica is a fellow Australian and has a few different blogs.  Her main blog is http://dragonfragments.blogspot.com/ while her dedicated miniatures blog is Miniatures:  http://grimoire-miniatura.blogspot.com/.  If you're a fan of Terry Pratchett, or simply of fantasy, be sure and take a look at her Library complete with oragutan Librarian.

The other new follower is Teddy.  Although Teddy doesn't seem to have his own blog, those of you who have found your way here from the DHE forums will be familiar with his fantastic work (and thanks to Bluebird for refering him here).  Work on Teddy's own castle has been forced to grind to a halt lately and he has been living vicariously by following the castles of others.  So for his benefit and for those of you looking for ideas for your own castles, here is a random selection of blogs featuring castles or castle type structures:

http://wwwmichellesmadworld.blogspot.com/


http://myminiaturemenagerie.blogspot.com/

http://castlestocottagesminiatures.blogspot.com/

http://aboutmydollhouses.blogspot.com/
 
http://peppercornminis.blogspot.com/2011/01/enchanters-tower.html
 
Two weeks ago I drew my giveaway and announced the winner was Cyndy.  Cyndy has yet to get in touch with me at let me know her address or even to acknowledge the prize.  She has no blog of her own.  I have tried sending an email from the email link on her profile, but still have no response.  Does anyone out there know Cyndy and how best to get in contact and let her know she's won?   I'll give Cyndy a few more weeks to make contact before I either send the prize to the second place entrant or hold a new draw.  Anybody know the protocol for unclaimed giveaways?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you for the mention of my castle (very unfinished!)
    I admire your claywork! I have not decided what I will use on the outside of my castle... I was thinking paperclay, but would need LOTS and have no experience of it yet!I am sure your effort will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lots of paperclay is the order of the day. I mix mine with normal air clay and have still bought out the craft shops complete supply. Where I live there is one craft shop and it gets in new shipments of clay once every 6-12 months. This time I was lucky enough to walk in looking for clay shortly after they restocked. If I run out of clay I will be in trouble! Provided you have a lot of time and patience, paperclay is worth trying and gives a vastly better finish than paper or stencilling. Another method is to use pollyfilla. You can see the results of a castle finished this way here: http://www.costumecavalcade.co.uk/My%20dolls%20house.htm and there's a brief explaination of how it was done at the bottom of the page.

    You're welcome for the mention of your castle, even unfinished I think it looks spectacular.

    ReplyDelete