A Randomly Selected Newspaper Headline:

The following is a randomly selected newspaper headline from many years ago:

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I assure you I always read and appreciate everything you have to say. Unfortunately, thanks to Blogger being, well . . . Blogger, I can not respond to comments nor leave any on your blogs. They simply disappear into the ether. Occasionally I will remember to respond in the next blog post I put up, but usually these good intentions slip my mind. So if you want to ask a question or get a response to any comments you may have please leave an email address or other contact method in your comment and I will get back to you.

I have also added a separate page to the blog for the Tower of Magic with a brief summary of all the rooms of the ToM in the one spot. The link is just below this and above the main body of the blog, or you can just click here.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Castle Starcaster - Week Twelve

Welcome to the newest follower, Vanessa, who doesn't appear to have a blog of her own.


 As you may have already guessed, most of my attention this week was on the new Witch Shop, but I still managed to do a few small things to the castle, mainly in the bedroom where I finally finished the walls.  This was done with balsa wood sheets about 1.5mm thick.  I used a round tipped stylus to score lines into the wood to create the effect of vertical planks or "shaker" style panelling.  This was then given a wash of white paint, allowing the wood grain to show through in the hope it would look like limewashed wood.  Sadly, in photos this looks pretty ordinary.  You can barely see the panelling and the paint job just looks shoddy.  It does look a great deal better with the naked eye, although I may add a heavier coat of paint.  The furniture in the room is not necessarily the furniture that will be in there permanently, but it does give an idea of what the layout of the finished room will be.

Even though this is meant to be a post about the castle, here a a few shots of the W. Shop as it looks now: 



Believe me, figuring out which bit of wooden trim goes where is an absolute bugger.

1 comment:

  1. Alennka, I really love this building! It will be a perfect witch's shop!

    ReplyDelete