A Randomly Selected Newspaper Headline:

The following is a randomly selected newspaper headline from many years ago:

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I assure you I always read and appreciate everything you have to say. Unfortunately, thanks to Blogger being, well . . . Blogger, I can not respond to comments nor leave any on your blogs. They simply disappear into the ether. Occasionally I will remember to respond in the next blog post I put up, but usually these good intentions slip my mind. So if you want to ask a question or get a response to any comments you may have please leave an email address or other contact method in your comment and I will get back to you.

I have also added a separate page to the blog for the Tower of Magic with a brief summary of all the rooms of the ToM in the one spot. The link is just below this and above the main body of the blog, or you can just click here.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Witch Shop - Week One

Four days after taking the flat-pack kit out of the box, this is what the shop looks like:









The style of the building is Tudor, but the shop is set in a more modern era, perhaps Victorian.  So the shop is going to look "mixed" and have both old and new elements.  The interior walls for example have all been given a finish to look like rough plaster as might be expected in a tudor era building, but I have added colour to the walls where traditionally they would have been limewashed white.  The room on the ground floor also has wallpaper around the bottom half of the walls, the idea being to make it look like a recent addition to a much older style.  How well this works is something I've yet to decide.  I'm also not sure about the purple exterior walls.

I'm not going to go through how I did what's been done as most of it is the same as for other projects already blogged about (clay and impress mould bricks, pollyfilla plaster, etc), but do ask if you'd like an explanation of something in more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment