A Randomly Selected Newspaper Headline:

The following is a randomly selected newspaper headline from many years ago:

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I assure you I always read and appreciate everything you have to say. Unfortunately, thanks to Blogger being, well . . . Blogger, I can not respond to comments nor leave any on your blogs. They simply disappear into the ether. Occasionally I will remember to respond in the next blog post I put up, but usually these good intentions slip my mind. So if you want to ask a question or get a response to any comments you may have please leave an email address or other contact method in your comment and I will get back to you.

I have also added a separate page to the blog for the Tower of Magic with a brief summary of all the rooms of the ToM in the one spot. The link is just below this and above the main body of the blog, or you can just click here.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow . . . .


The Crystal Garden has now been filled with plants.  A vine made of glass leaf shaped beads and flower shaped seaquins has grown around the doorway (for which I still haven't filled in the background - next week I promise!).


I took out the plants I had "planted" last week and mulched the garden beds with some purple glass shards (designed to vases and floral arrangements.  Once the oasis foam was covered in the mulch, a mix of PVA glue and water was pured over to hold the mulch in place.  As this was drying, I pushed the plants through the mulch into the foam in what I hope was a pleasing arrangement.


I found the large pink round beads in my craft store.  They are wooden beads around which strands of seaquins had been wrapped.  To the naked eye each seaquin looks a little like a flower bud about to open, sadly they don't look as effective in a photo.


The red glass paint flowers from last week are planted in one of the front flower bed.  I forgot to leave enough length on their stems to be able to twist them into a single bush, so they are growing as indivual flowers.


And the other front garden bed which sports some rather unusual blue cube flowers.   Scattered through the garden are four golden butterflies enjoying the beautiful blooms.


The outside of the central bed has also been filled with plants, including some flowers made from clear/pearly flower shaped beads.  The central area will be the water feature.  The white flowers currently scattered there are resin beads that will be painted and with the addition of some glass paint lily pads will be floating lillies.

And for those of you who are wondering what's going on in the Library . . . . .


2 comments:

  1. Las plantas y flores van llenando de una explosión de color vivificante The Criystal Garden y se llena de alegría y vida!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very magic garden.
    Your cat likes minis!
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete